[TCML] High Power Static Gaps

Hi All,

I'm curious about the spark lengths achieved by others using a single  static
vacuum aspirated gap, (I believe the one designed by Gary Lau if memory
serves)? It uses a vacuum cleaner motor, PVC pipe and two large copper tubing  end
caps with holes in the middle for the electrodes.

What are the limiting factors with this type of gap? Can it be scaled up  for
higher power? It's a beautifully simple and elegant design, without the need
for any close tolerance machine work like with rotaries, and it's much safer
too.

Tony Greer