[TCML] using an AC breaker for DC

Okay, so this is marginally on topic, as it also applies to power cabinets for coils, etc.  The question is, can you safely use 125VAC-rated breakers on a DC circuit for 72VDC in a solar power application as a battery disconnect?  I told my brother that it was harder for a DC arc to extinguish, but that I thought they would be okay as a disconnect.  But I wanted the opinion of the power engineers here, so thanks for any input...

Nick A