Re: [TCML] Ferrite Beads for Filtering?

But it remains unclear if the thing that is responsible for damage is the low Fres of the TC, or the zero-crossing VHF spikes.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA"

	I agree with that, particularly for setups with fairly long leads between the capacitor and the gap.  [There's sure a lot more RF garbage radiated at VHF than at the fundamental frequency.]  However, I think much more efficient suppression could be gotten from series resistors with VHF RF chokes across them than from the beads as the latter will almost certainly saturate at the levels involved.

Ed