Re: [TCML] Handmade Vacuum Tubes Video: Build A Better 811A Mousetrap?

Yeah, I realize the decrease in breakdown voltage that occurs. I thought one could compensate by using a wider gap. Do you think submerging the tube in a lower than (water) freezing temperature would work? Liquid nitrogen? I'm not sure about the stress on the glass, though, Pyrex or not.

Neal. "

Wider gap won't help - look up "electrical breakdown in gases" and "Paschen's law". High pressure will help and was used in some gaps.

Ed