[TCML] RE: Choosing a PFC capacitor

Unlike the tank cap, the value of a PFC cap is not at all critical.  I don't think that choosing a higher-than-optimum value is better than a lower value; either can result in more Amps being pulled.  But I think that the effective performance of 60 vs. 70 uF would be identical.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA