From: "G Hunter" <dogbrain_39560@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2008 10:14 AM
Subject: [TCML] Function Generator Question

> I just acquired a used function generator from e-bay.  Very nice looking
"Protek" unit made in Korea.  Real bargain.  No user manual though.  Range
is <1Hz to 2MHz which should be fine for pinging secondaries, tuning up
primary circuits, coupling measurements, etc.  I just have one question.
What is the "SWEEP" control for?  I turned it on while monitoring the output
on an o'scope, and it seems to repetitively sweep the output frequency from
low to high.  What good is that?  Poor man's spectrum analyzer?

> If the sweep control has some useful application for TC testing,
adjustment, or analysis, please share it with the list.  Otherwise, kindly
reply off-list.

> Many Thanks,
>
> Greg

10:24 AM