Re: [TCML] Tube question

With all this tube talk lately, I'd really like  to build a big tube coil
someday since I already have some possibly useable  parts in my possession. How
suitable would an Eimac 5-500 power tube be for a  VTTC?  Does anyone know if
someone has used this tube or something like it  before?

I also have a big plate transformer that I believe (from memory)  is about 2
kVA at 6800 Volts CT, the filter choke that goes with it, along with  an
assortment of mica transmitting caps and other goodies. I just need to know
approximate values for the major components like the caps and resistors so I can
start looking for what else I need. Any info or links would be  appreciated!

Tony Greer