Re: [TCML] Streamer heating using RF injection

I had an alike thought some time ago of making a drsstc/isstc hybrid, however that results in a scaled construct yet the effect is unpredictable, probably the additional injection just would not be enough to heat up the whole channel. So after messing with the present stage of my coil (can be seen on YouTube if anyone's interested) I finally came to understanding that the most efficient way to obtain fat sparks is just a linear (aka isstc) functionality of the coil and a high duty cycle. This makes problems with zcs operation and limits the set of switching devices you can use, but is good enough for medium coils. Also a good idea is just the bps increase in a drsstc, this also can be done with a gattling-style bridge (eg your bridge can only handle say 200bps, you add additional two bridges and trigger each time a different one, this makes the system work well on 600bps). Keeping in mind that after ~1000bps (depends on the coil) the modulation is low and nearly can't effect the spark appearence so it looks like a cw torch, you can even make a coil running in burst mode with a high peak bps (yet even just a not as high bps is already enough for a bold spark).