[TCML] Looking for small Tesla Coil for sale in roughly Colorado area

Hi fellow mailing list members,

This discuss led me to this request . . .

I'm looking for a small Tesla Coil for sale in Colorado or parts reasonably
close. I lived in Texas for a bit so distance doesn't bother me  much.

I'm willing to drive a ways to pick it up, so I'd definitely consider
Nebraska, Wyoming, and so forth. I'm located in Denver, Colorado.

I'd prefer a vacuum tube coil if possible, but I have nothing against
neon-sign transformer coils. I've built both multiple 811A and 12Kv and 15Kv NST
coils.

Here in Denver it is hard to get parts. The good parts companies have all
shut down, as far as I known, and Dave Fistell, of Fistell's Electronics, who
was wonderful to hobbyists, passed away. The people running Fistell's now seem
determined to run it into the ground. I have no idea where I would find a
socket  for an 811A without Fistell's.

The reason I'm looking this way for a TC is that I've found, much to  my
annoyance, that I've developed carpal tunnel, from way too much computer  typing.
It crops up with a real vengeance if I do any pulling against my  carpal's
(they're the "grippers" of your fingers, so say, for example, stripping  wire, or
turning a crescent or torque wrench causes it to flare up). And don't  even
mention turning a coil to wind it! ...

So if you have an old coil that works well and you've been wondering what  to
do with it, hey, drop me an email ...

Thanks,

   Dave Small

In a message dated 9/29/2008 8:33:34 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,