From: bartb <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] VTTC-tuning. John got me started ;-)
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 19:37:55 -0700

Hi Dex,

I wanted add something about top volts. We have thought long and hard
about real time readings of top volts. It's not an easy task. But if
through your experiments you devise a means of measuring top volts
reliably, please share with us. I realize (as do many others) about
estimation of top volts based on base current measurements as well as
other methods, however, real time calibrated measurement is very much
needed in this field. If you happen upon a method that you believe is
accurate, please share your thoughts. We've looked at the high dollar
capacitive dividers and all of that type of "normal" equipment. This
situation is a bit different as we would like to know the voltage and
charge at the top load at the point of inception.

My best,
Bart