Re: [TCML] Wide angle shot of spark onto camera cage

Thanks for that. The more birthdays one has, the more the mind plays tricks. I even had a shot on my site of sparks onto the cameras cage on my site.
http://tesladownunder.iinet.net.au/tesla_coil_sparks.htm#Dalek%20cage
Still Richard Hull's was the only one hitting the camera directly (without a cage). Unless you count this pic taken when the photographers group came down and took photos of sparks onto a dead camera.
http://tesladownunder.iinet.net.au/Photonight1OldCamHat.jpg
(Front curtain flash, then run away and fire the coil in a single exposure)
Peter

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff W. Parisse" <workshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
You may then have missed the series that Artbeats photographed on high speed 35mm film.
http://www.artbeats.com/clips/12555/19041
These are 15 foot arcs hitting a cage containing the high speed camera. There is an article on how the disk series was produced. Search their site for more information. Also Fear Factor had a digital video camera mounted inside a faraday cage for some of the arc close up shots. Those were 18 footers.
Jeff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
This a shot where 7 foot sparks actually jumped onto the mini Faraday cage I had my camera in. The wide angle lens keeps it reasonably in focus. I haven't seen this done since Richard Hull's Nemesis coil.
http://tesladownunder.com/tesla_coil_sparks.htm#Wideangle

Peter