[TCML] Variations in US and European Neon sign Transformers

I have posted that I have some NST for sale here in England

Collecting so many used NST from the sign maker, it was of interest to
see the variety of styles . Non were as you would see them in the USA viz. non have bushes /horns and for many years the legal maximum has been 10KV here

There are the traditional metal boxes filled with tar like material, some that were double windings centre tapped and other that were just one winding ( and very heavy of course) then there were the resin encapsulated ones from France and Italy much neater and slimmer these have two earth connections or should I say "earth" and separate "ground" ( Another complication and point of disagreement when it comes to where to earth NST ! )

NST's are difficult to get now as Neon signs do not proliferate as I have seen them in the US . They were never hugely popular and fluorescent backed signs out numbered them; the Insurance companies and H&S have almost eradicated them now - they will not insure the High Voltages especially in Shopping Malls

Pole pigs are impossible to get - legally! ............... Even second hand Telegraph poles are banned from resale because of the creosote

Its off topic but I hope of interest