RE: [TCML] Single ear piglet

I'm not doing mine exactly like David, but here's what I've been doing for years:

http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/adam/bigass_coil/schematic.pdf

As to being bad, most folks don't recommend doing this with a NST, though I have. It does change how most folks do their safety though. You can't have a three point safety and your case has to float.

I don't get your question about faults. A fault on the HV side is current limited on the LV side by my ballasts. A fault on the LV side is covered by fuses (in my 100 amp disconnect) and a breaker (not shown).

Adam