Re: [TCML] HV Transformer Winding

I think the deal with flipping coils on the NST coil hinges on where the
inputs and outputs are connected after the flip.

If you have a flat coil and flip it, you implicitly leave the input end at
the center and the output at the outside.  When you flip a solenoid, you
don't implicitly flip the contacts, they stay at the right or left end.

With a NST coil, the input (or output) is at the center of the coil and
the thus the input is *not* flipped as is done with a solenoid an the
polarity will be reversed.

Chip