Re: [TCML] parker globe for sale

there was a video tape that came with my unit that explained all about the mixing of gasses - of course it didn't say WHICH gasses he mixed, but it was more than just 2 or 3 - the gallery had a whole variety of units with different colors and behaviours ----- Original Message ----- From: "Weinhold Shannon L" <Shannon.L.Weinhold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2009 11:32 AM
Subject: RE: [TCML] parker globe for sale

There are formulas for making a great number of colors.
The standard globe that you usually see in novelty stores is an easy mix
of inexpensive neon & argon.
The other colors require fairly exact rations of one gas to another and
often also have other chemicals that are injected in the mix.  I believe
sodium bromide (sp?) was one of the add ons that could be used to obtain
the green coloring in a xenon/argon mix, but I don't recall the exact
formula.

Shannon Weinhold

"Failures are divided into two classes
those who thought and never did,