RE: [TCML] Tuning, Capacitors, and Spark Gaps

Additionally, 80(!) of pretty much any kind of cap in series is going to have a very high equivalent series resistance (ESR), since resistance is additive.  Resistance in the primary circuit is a performance killer.  If cost is a concern, a beer bottle/salt water cap will do much better.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA