RE: [TCML] Mirrors as glass plate and "foil" style caps?

The use of the silver side as a plate offers no advantage over the more typical Al foil plates and there is no end to the downsides:
- The size and weight of the thing!  The cap shouldn't overshadow the rest of a coil (IMHO)
- The challenge to safely insulate such a large thing
- The challenge to devise a high-current peripheral contact to the silver plating
- You'll need to have foil on the other side anyway
- The certain prospect of 7 years bad luck

If a gun were held to my head I could probably get it to work, but...

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA