From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jon Iverson
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2009 5:52 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [TCML] transformer oil source or substitute?

To all who responded to this, thanks.  I am debating whether or not to place
the xformer back in oil, or just build a small 60 KV DC supply based on a
flyback/ multiplier combination.  From what most say, the xformer needs to
be under vacuum to get all the bubbles and I don't have access to such
equipment.  I notice that larger ceramic capacitors, which were always a
hiccup for me when considering the multiplier route,  have dropped in price
recently so the possible multiplier route is now feasible.  Now just to
decide.

Jon