Re: [TCML] Capacitor dielectric examples and Tesla coil equations

And one more thing to look out for. In that list it gives the dielectric
constant as "dielectric strength" see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dielectric_strength and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_static_permittivity (dielectric constant)
and as John pointed out, does not give any indication of how "lossy" the
materials are at high frequency, or "loss tangent":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_tangent
So just looking at that list, you might get the impression that Mylar is a great
dielectric. At TC frequencies it heats up rapidly, so not very good at all.