[TCML] A Question about Solid State Drivers

I've been looking into interfacing a low-voltage, low-current control
circuit with the relatively high-current power circuit of an SSTC. A lot of
schematics I've found:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/cwillis/fetcoil2.html
http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/sstc02.gif
http://www.alansharp.co.uk/page6.htm
etc.

seem to use signal transformers between the controller and the power
circuit, but it seems like you would need an incredibly small inductance to
be able to get a decent signal at Tesla Coil frequencies, especially when
you consider that the secondary of the signal transformer is in series with
the gate of a power MOSFET or IGBT, which together act as a pretty effective
low-pass filter. Am I missing something? What do you folks use? I am trying
to find a solution with a bandwidth in the area of 2MHz. If you have any
suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!
Greg

--
Greg Weyrich Morris
VP External - Engineering Undergraduate Society