Re: [TCML] Different Capacitors

Hi, happy holidays, looks like the capacitors from a rf pre-heater, and if you series parallel them i should think they would work for a coil....maybe a 9kv 60 ma and 2 or 3 in series to a string....you could have 8 strings of three.......should work ok for the price!.. Brian F. ----- Original Message ----- From: <chipford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2009 10:22 PM
Subject: [TCML] Different Capacitors

Does anyone have any experience with caps such as these? I have around 25 of these. They came out of industrial pre-heaters for thermal-plastic compression molding. The 1/4-20 terminal is one pole, the square aluminum case is the other. I dis-assembled one. The dialectric is either mica or mylar. I think it is mica.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/chipford/500mmf10kv.jpg

Chip