Re: [TCML] Advice on MMC

Andrew, Javatc will tell you this.  Go to the section of the Javatc worksheet entitled Transformer Design & just input your transformer specs and hit calculate.  Se the output in Power Factor Cap Size - PFC and Static Gap LTR Cap Size for the info you're looking for.  Good luck with you coil.  Dennis Hopkinton MA

-----Original Message-----
From: andrew <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, Dec 28, 2009 5:48 pm
Subject: [TCML] Advice on MMC

Hi
 have been using Javatc to help me design my coil. I am currently trying to
ecide on the correct capacitance value for the tank cap but am a little
onfused about all the different capacitor values mentioned.

hey are:-
rimary Capacitor uF  ; I am asuming this is the actual tank cap used.

esonant Cap Size, I think this is the capacitance value that resonates with
he transformer at 50 hz.

ower factor cap size,  To correct the PF.

tatic gap LTR cap size,   Is this the same as the Tank Cap?

rsg LTR cap size.       ditto but for a Sync gap.

 was planning to use an asynchronous spark gap but from what I have read
his is not recommended for coils designed with Java TC,
o for simplicity I will go with a multi pipe static gap. My transformer is
x MOT.  I am building a Terry filter for it.

y question is, what is the best way to use Java TC to estimate the optimum
ank Capacitor size.
hen I know that, I can order my caps for the MMC.

any thanks
ndrew Buxton
ewbie Kiwi Coiler

Andrew Buxton