Re: RE: [TCML] very good simulation for peak currents

Lau, Gary wrote:
It's true that the energy in a Tesla coil bounces back and forth between the primary and secondary, but this is not due to reflections; it's just simple inductive coupling of double-resonant circuits.  There is no constructive/destructive interference, I'm not even sure that concept applies to coils?  My limited exposure to that topic involved light, not LF waveforms.
Assuming two ideal LC circuits with coupling, the waveforms at both primary and secondary circuits are sums of two sinusoids with different frequencies, and so the observed beats can be interpreted as destructive and constructive interference between them.
I have several Tesla coil simulators here:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/programs

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz