Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Where to get a Pole Chicken

There is a company an hours drive from my house that buys and resells used electrical equipment. They have a large warehouse full. If you give them a call they can tell you what they have. They usually have a good supply of power line pole transformers you just have to tell them what you want they look at their list to is if they have one that size. I have not done business with these people in about 2 years I can not remember the name of the company. I have a friend that knows the name of the used electrical equipment company I can contact him if you have no luck finding a used transformer close to home.

Do a web search for used electrical equipment I bet this company is not the only company in the USA that sells used electrical equipment. You might find what you want for sale much closer to home.

You can also buy a power line pole transformer from your local electric company. Do not go to the office and do not call the office. The office will tell you that they do not sell transformers. Go to the maintenance shop and talk to the head man in person. He can sell you what you want they always have several used transformers in the warehouse. Some of the stuff in the warehouse is things they no longer use but it is good stuff so they push it back in the corner. I have gotten some really good deals this way. Most of the time it goes like this, I ask how much for that old 10K transformer, he says, hummm................how about $50.

Gary Weaver