Re: [TCML] New high voltage source for VTTC

I unwind pole xmfrs to get down to 5 kV to drive 833Cs.

You could do the same.  By unwinding the outer sec layer you can set your
voltage to anything you require in the 4 to 14.4 kV range.  I use the
smaller
7,200 Volt pole xmfrs as then only 3-4 outer layers have to be removed to
get to the 5 kV ACrms output required.

I recase them in a steel box 18 x 18 x 17.5 (high) inches and then use a
phenolic top for the 220V input and HV output.  In this smaller box the
weight
goes from the stock pole xmfr weight of 285 lbs down to 110 lbs.  Nice
compact unit that can deliver up to 20 kVA on shorter duty cycles.

Dr. Resonance