Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2009 11:48 PM
Subject: [TCML] Hammertone coils at Palais de Tokio

All,

Hammertone made it to the top of the arts world.
By way of Kurt Schraner, I was approached by Swiss Artist Roman Signer to create a tesla coil that could deliver 1.2 meters of spark between 2 umbrella`s for his installation at Palais de Tokyo in Paris. I have documented the coil over at 4HV.org, but a rundown here is in order: It consists of 2 pcs. T-BRISG coils in a V-TWIN configuration, to visually resemble the JAP v-twin engine in the front of a Morgan sports car of 30ties vintage.

News hit the front page of the Danish empassy:
http://www.ambparis.um.dk/fr/menu/lambassade/Actualites/FinnHammerAuPalaisDeTokyo.htm
the danish newspaper Jyllands Posten:
http://www.hammertone.com/temp/JY-PO finn-2009-02-12.jpg
and of course on the Museums website
http://www.palaisdetokyo.com/fo3/low/programme/index.php?page=nav.inc.php&id_eve=2503&session=39
There is a youtube thingy processing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGEkpJkzFZE
Peter Terren of downyonder fame delivered a lot of his pictures for the exhibition magazine.

Cheers, Finn Hammer
Hammertone, The Engineer from Hell