Re: [TCML] Need coil winding advice

Jim Harvey (UDN) wrote:
Greetings... (sorry if duplicate) I am designing my first TC and need to build a coil winder. My first
secondary coil will be:
Diameter: 4"
Length: 18 inches
Wire: 26 AWG
Since the coil is not too long, I am thinking about a plywood frame
supporting a motor, turns counter, and arbor. A foot switch would be used as
well as some type of speed control.

Rather than an arbor and a shaft, you could also use a pair of rollers under each end, and just drive one of the rollers. Think of casters or skateboard wheels. The tube you're winding just sits on top of the rollers.

Some feeble ascii art:
o o