Re: [TCML] Pulse Capacitors

You can probably get a good overview on Wikipedia.

In short, they rapidly store energy, then rapidly deliver it back into the
Tesla coil primary circuit when the sparkgap is switched on.

Good energy storage (pulse type) caps can do hundreds of shots per second
due to their rapid charge and discharge rates.

The transformer provides the energy, the caps store it, then discharge it
when the sparkgap is switched.  Pulse caps are a special extended foil type
cap that
accomplishes this task very rapidly.

Dr. Resonance