Re: [TCML] HAPPY NEW YEAR!

----- Original Message ----- From: <bedfordabrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does anybody know of a contact around Redding, California I could go and see a coil working?
Information would be appreciated..Thanks

If it helps, the first Tesla coil I ever saw working was my own. It was only produced a couple of inches of sparks, but that was enough to impress me and my friends.

Forget about hundreds of dollars of stuff - make a cap from cut squares of recycled window glass and aluminum foil. Scrounge up an old tranny from a sign shop, and buy a pound or two of wire from a motor rebuilder in your area. A couple of nails for a spark gap, and you'll have a coil you can call your own.

Good luck!

Jon