Re: [TCML] Nothing like first light

DC,

I think we all know that =:-}

However, installing a doubler does not necessitate it`s full use.

As I stated clearly, the coil is right now fed with 780Volts, and I am going to use a voltage doubler to boost this voltage to 1080Volts. Needless to say, or so I thought, there is a variable transformer upstream to make that possible.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

DC Cox skrev:
Actually the stored energy goes up as the square of the potential (voltage),
so doubling the voltage will multiply the capacitor's stored energy
by a factor of 4, not 2.

As you pointed out this is a strong reason to use voltage doubler circuits,
especially with solid state switched Tesla oscillators.

Happy New Year to all on the Tesla List.

In Tucson, we are firing off a medium size coil at precisely midnight (in a
bar).  Hopefully we will not have our own "falling sphere"A 500 kV New
Year's Eve Party!

Dr. Resonance