[TCML] X-ray cable best practices for feeder cable

Hello Fellow List Members,

I am building two cabinets for a pig or my 7500KVA PT @ 18Kv. There are lots
of choices to make in terms of the coil HV design. My 19" control rack will
be 240V/60 and be at house ground of course. 240-280v will go out to the
transformer cabinet isolated LV windings that will be configured as follows:
H2 grounded to the cabinet and RF isolated ground. The inner turn of the
primary and bottom of the 12" coil will be joined to the RF ground
(something I haven't done before). The primary will be only 1" from the
secondary; but this setup should allow for no Pri/Sec flashover as one of
its advantages. K will be kept at around .12 .

Additionally the HV supply cabinet will have  a 50 ohm 3KW resistor bank
(BIG) resistors - 110 ohm 20"x2.5"x (2) in parallel. This will be tied to H1
and go to a 4" 100 turn air coil inductor and out to the TC per Dr. R's
experience to reduce the speed of transients to the primo PT via inductive
reactance/impedance blumline effect.

Here we revisit a long,old thread: I have 60 feet of primo, terminated 100KV
x-ray cable. As in turns out the capacitance of the cable is ~ 50pf per
foot. This by fate this turns out to .003uf and is resonate at very close to
my TC frequency. Ok, so is that maximum power transfer or a formula for PT
resonance rise failure?

I neglected to say there will be ~19KV set horn gaps at both the PT and the
TC cap. I would like to use a X-ray screw jack at the HV cabinet to supply
RF ground and aforementioned HV. I like the engineered safety and balance of
the cable. If the cable was say half as long, (.0015uf) I would use these
receptacles on both ends.

It is evident I should cut the cable in half and likely strip back the TC
side for quick connection via threaded brass draw pull knobs at the TC.

This is not meant to begin an old debate but to cause some calculated
opinions on the design. After I use up my mongo old iron, I will want to go
to a rat holed VTCC and a SS coil in the future. I guess I like the clearly
intimidating appearance of big iron which more obviously demands respect ;-)

I'll post a picture of my 3p Nikkie missile transformer which has 18"
insulators and is absolutely a Frankenstein-like tube PS if anyone doubts
that. This baby is DC via (6) 8020 tube rectifiers a 400H filter choke ;-)

Does anyone know the blumline calaculations with a known capacitance? No one
seems to speak to the impedance of X-ray cable in 60hz so that correct
termination can be had sans all the reflected back garbage.

Happy New to All,
Jim Mora