[TCML] MOT Resonace Reviled

Hello Mot-man and all,

Horray! Can we review the way to calculate or measure the output inductance
w and w/o the shunts and therefore the resonant capacitor(s)? I have (2)
2.2kv/1000kva MOT's in series- primary and secondary (240v in, 4400 out).
The cores are connected and floating. This to drop in an ammo can. I have
(2) Maxwell 2uf/15kv caps. The ammo can will hold one; but I suspect 2 will
need to be paralleled for near 4uf from what I have gleaned so far. Maybe I
can squeeze some MOT caps in series in there for tuning. This I don't
presently have.

The transformers will feed a bridge diode network, so I suppose the cores
need to stay floating? I do want the 4400+ DC out. Resonance seems to really
make a difference in Vout and allows for getting under the wire for Vin
saturation.

Should I disconnect the inner windings from the core and connect the inner
windings and ground the cores or leave them floating? They will of course be
under oil and are very well mechanically isolated from the can on a dual .5"
phenolic plates which fits the footprint of the inside of the can. I am
patently not a MOT guy, but love how cheap they are for a lot of silicon
iron and copper!

This is a back burner project; though, the discussion is current. The
geometry looks like it was made for the ammo box as it sits on top. Where is
the best place to get MOT caps cheap without dumpster diving which is
forbidden here. It all belongs to the recycler who picks up the curbside
castaways in their bins or by arrangement. They deal only with big salvage
operations in LA.

Thanks as Always,

Jim Mora

Ojai, Ca.