Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 4:07 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] X-ray cable best practices for feeder cable

Resonance can be quite wonderful, or, as Phil explains in his examples, very
destructive.

Resonance in your HV feeder cable is not something you want, so I avoid
using any feeder cable that is coaxial in nature, ie, has a ground
shield around it.  X-ray cables were designed strictly for DC power
transmission and not for transferring AC power.
Been there, done that ----- and it cost me a pole xmfr!

Dr. Resonance