[TCML] Thumper Test Unit.

Pulsed power= Big Instantaneous Joules.

I had a visit one day from a guy that worked on medium voltage systems for
Southern California Edison who saw my Maxwell large pulse discharge
capacitor and said, " that looks like our underground cable tester,
Thumper". "What the heck is that", I say. "We use a big discharge unit to
locate shorts or punch thoughs. It delivers preset voltage pulses so we can
locate them. We walk along the feeder and listen and feel for the thumbing".
Heavy duty. ;-) He wanted to be sure I wasn't doing any "back feeding" to
the secondary and thusly to the primary wires with my big genset.

Jim Mora