Re: [TCML] MOT Measurements

Hi Ted,

Thanks for posting the data. I agree, MOT's are pretty cool transformers. What confused the issue is that I was talking self inductances and you were looking at impedance. The last email I wrote I thought it would be good to go ahead and solve for the self inductances as well as leakage inductance to help decipher.

What was cool to me was looking at how the shunts affected the transformer. The reason why I am interested spans a large number of issues (from spark length to bps). Shunted transformers mess with things more than I realized and the coil impedance is yet another factor that plays a role on how the transformer will perform.

Best regards,
Bart

tesla wrote:
Hi, Bart
Thanks for this comment, i see the point and perhpas some confusion has been occuring (maybe only in my mind !) I do see the point that the L I am referring to in as you point out the leakage inductance. I've been a usr of MOT's now for many applications they are a cheap and plentful resource so the nore we understansd what they can do ther better