RE: [TCML] VFD motor

a VFD drives a three phase motor only, you cannot use "any old induction motor".  I am unaware of ANY VFD that will do more than synchronize to the 60 hz, and those are exceedinly rare - if you want a synchronous motor, a VFD is absolutely the wrong way to do it.

(note, just for the group, that I have a couple of small (1 hp if I remember right, see my web, wbnoble.com) 440V VFDs available at an attractive price if you can use them)