Re: [TCML]new law

Steven, what is this in reference to? It looks like a reply, but there is no parent thread with this subject, nor is there any context in your message indicating such.

Jon

----- Original Message ----- From: "STEVEN COOK" <steven219@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is this a new law?

The likelyhood of damage to a component is inversely proportional to the number you have available, and directly proportional to its cost.

I only raise this 'cos once again I've just destroyed a chip that cost more than the rest of the circuit put together. How come I never blow a cheap resistor?

Another law might be that: The likelyhood of destroying an electronic component is proportional to the number of joints you need to unsolder.