Re: Re: [TCML] op amp wiring

Some flybacks have gapped cores, while some do not.

With a gap as small as .004 inches, like we use, it may be difficult to
determine if you are using a gapped core
reactor, unless each flyback is purchased new, like we do.

The gapped core design helps prevent excessive sec currents.  In the case of
a Tesla coil oscillator, flyback driven, a non-gapped core
reactor is preferably as it can deliver larger peak currents in the sec coil
of the flyback.  With plasma sphere operation this type is not
the best one to use, and the gapped core design is safer to use as it
delivers less current.

Dr. Resonance