Re: [TCML] Burn Through The Stem Of The Globe?

Since we're talking about burning through glass  envelopes, even with Tesla
coils (!), I'll add this anecdotal evidence:

    I've run streamers from, to, and through all kinds  of light bulbs with
my small and medium coils, including my 6" coil with 15/120  worth of NSTs. The
bulbs continued to work fine on subsequent runs, so there was  no slow vacuum
leak.

    But my 12" pig coil is a one-shot one-kill. First  hit from a streamer
lights up any bulb - but the bulb is dead forever after.  That includes 4' T12
fluorescent tubes, 400W HID bulbs, one of Adam's (_mercurus2000@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:mercurus2000@xxxxxxx) )  nice  "crackle" tubes, and neon lighting. In fact
it frequently cracks the glass and  blows the ends of the bulbs off!

-Phil LaBudde
Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)