From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jeremy
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 10:18 AM
To: TCML
Subject: RE: [TCML] NST Measurements

Ok, wait, so how exactly do you guys propose measuring NST outputs for
dummies? i have  9kV 30mA unit as well as a large unlabelled unit atm, and
the unlabelled one arcs at over half an inch so i'm guessing it's at least
15kV 60mA. I need the measurement on the unlabelled unit. I was thinking of
using a 10V input to the NST, then further stepping down the output by 20x
to be measured by a voltmeter. Is this workable? (all components rated at
240V input)

jeremy
Singapore> Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 07:44:46 -0800> From: evp@xxxxxxxxxxx> To:
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [TCML] NST Measurements> CC: > > Yes, better
said Ed.> > Sorry to hear about the scale biting the dust on a nice Simpson.
Was > this unloaded just playing around with the transformer with a cap
across > the output? Probably the safe way to do that would be to load >
resistively and scale. The simulations I was messing with showed some >
amazingly high voltages at resonance if there's no other load. The >
transformer would never survive (assuming nothing else died first).> >
Bart"> > Unloaded except for capacitor. This was one of those cases where >
right after it happened I wondered why I was doing it as the problem was >
obvious. Live and learn!> > Ed> >