[TCML] To shunt or not to shunt and a dumb electronics question

Hello MOT experts,

I have two identical MOTS with 3" wide cores parallel to the shunts making
them very hard to drive out. The MOTS are core connected to phenolic to be
grounded in a ammo box with room for a bridge diode network. The can will be
filled with dela transformer oil. I want to make a power supply for (4)
833A's. Since the cores are tied, I assume I need to disconnect the coil
grounds and connect them together to avoid a circuit violation with the
bridge. I know I can do a simple center tapped full wave but want the double
voltage of a bridge network.

What is the upside of using dual transformers (240v in) verses a voltage
doubler? There must be some advantage to the power of ~2KW and 4400/.707~=
6220 volts rectified sans filtering.

SO shall I pound out the shunts? This will allow me to remove the filament
wires and I could replace half the shunts afterwards if advised.

Jim Mora