Re: [TCML] still stuck at 36"

Static gaps can fire erratically at times.  It sounds to me as
if this is happening on your coil.  The problem is a combination
of the capacitor value, the break-rate, the gap spacing,
and how much air blows on the gap perhaps.  By increasing
the airflow, you're probably intermittently inhibiting the
firing of the gap at times, thus producing the choppy,
stuttering sound.

When i talk about the combination of problems what
I mean is that if you narrow the gap, the problem may
go away, if you use a smaller cap, the problem may go away,
if you increase the break rate (by using a smaller cap or
less air flow or closer gaps) then the problem may go away.

So basically you're pushing the coil beyond what it wants
to produce (spark-length-wise) using the particular
components that you're using, and with the amount
of air-flow that you're using.

That's my best guess anyway.

John