[TCML] RE: Terry Filter Resistors

>> -- they sure have alot of numbers behind that decimal point don't they
>
>Yeah.. I want to see the test setup that measures inductance to 1ppb.
>(they did give you the serial number of the resistor they measured,
>right? as well as the time of day, phase of moon, temperature of the
>room, 3rd letter of the test tech's middle name, all of which would
>probably have a ppb scale effect..)

>I wonder if they just calculate it using a FEM tool.

>(are you sure they didn't just give you the phone number of the factory,
>labeled uH? <grin>)

Hey I think it BS too, the resolution of these values that they gave me, they can't measure down that low.  They have it measured below 1 pico Henry (10^-12).  I looked up strait wire inductance on the net and it turns out that a 1/2 inch length of thin (0.005 inch) wire has about 10 nano henries (or 10,000 pico henries) of inductance.  Ohmite must have calculated the values they gave me.

Shaun