Re: [TCML] Spark gaps, Solid state switches and diodes

Dangerous in what way? From the aspect that the primary would be dangerous to touch while it's operating? absolutely! Is the primary any less dangerous to touch when it's not floating while it's operating? no..
Dangerous for components? no..

Not sure I understand the direction of your comment. Maybe you can expand?

Regards,
Bart "

My personal opinion is that one side of the primary and one side of the secondary should be tied to a solid power-line frequency ground to avoid accidents in the event of stupidity, which anyone will commit at some time or another. It's one thing to get a bad RF burn and another to take 60 ~ or DC through the body.

Ed