Re: [TCML] Sudden and unexplained destructive racing spark flashovers

The coupling factor is 1.2-1.4 or the "best range" as he put it. This make sense in my mind, as he probably maintains a ratio of secondary diameter to primary inner diameter (or at least a fixed distance of an inch or so) and naturally primary inductance to secondary, so the coupling factors logically should scale with the distance from the primary to the secondary, with secondary diameter, as all other ratios are fixed. Even his topload distance is generally the same. Just my thoughts on the matter, it doesn't surprise me at all.

Scott Bogard.