Re: [TCML] Hammertone "Predikter" 1st. light

Joe Korick skrev:
I am new to the list but have been reading quite a bit.
I am currently building a medium sized coil and was wondering about your
torroid on the "Thumper" coil
As viewed on "You Tube"
Do you have any close up pictures or CAD drawings of the framework used with
this design.
I have a tube roller and full machine shop and would like to pursue this
design concept. Thanks for any help or advise

Joe Korick
Joe,

I don't have the drawings with me, as the toroid was made by Daniel Uhrenholt, a coiling buddy of mine.

This topload design was pioneered by Greg Leyh, of LOD fame, and there are CAD drawings here:
http://www.lod.org/Projects/120L50K/maketoroid.html

With access to a workshop, this is a wonderful way to make big toroids. Light, snazzy and easy to get a grip on, for transport.

Some folks in the Netherlands made them dis-assembleable too.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Finn Hammer