Re: [TCML] gold secondary

earl rhodes skrev:
thanks for that guy
snip
the effect is quite stunningly beautiful

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyjU_C7tvaY

my only concern is the glass may break at higher power levels

does anyone have any input concerning this or even is the person who made that video on this list
Earl,

You could have a metal toroid gold plated on the outside.

For a coil I delivered to Danfoss Universe, a theme park here in Denmark, this is what I had done. I regret I never had really good pictures of that coil made, but here is something to give you an idea:

http://www.hammertone.com/temp/smoltc.jpg
http://www.hammertone.com/temp/oltc.jpg

I think it cost on the region, 200USD to plate, and it was well worth it I think.

Cheers, Finn Hammer