[TCML] Variac Overrating (1256's and others)

Jim/all,

Attached is a link to the official word on how much you can push a variac (direct from the
manafacturer).

http://www.brianb.org/Download%20Files/staco_Overload_graph.jpg

As you can see they will easily do 250% for a 5-min run with a 30-min cool-down between runs (this
assumes the brushes and contact surfaces are in good shape)...

Hope this helps.
Regards,

Brian B. (back to lurking)