RE: [TCML] magnifier first light video

hi dex and all

current coil specs are

primary diameter 24"  8turns of 10mm copper tube inductance 48.1uh

wound on a framework of plumbing parts

secondary diameter 18" height 18" 100 turns  4.35mm insulated red switch gear wire inductance 3164uh

wound on a litter bin

extra coil diameter 10" height 30" 500 turns 1.5mm magnet wire inductance 18378.096uh

wound on a white peelable skin gas pipe

figures are not exact give or take a couple of turns all are calculated values.

current power supply consists of two mots in series and a doubler giving approx 8kv dc this feeds a resonant charging system for the tank capacitor which is discharged by a asynchronous 10000rpm hover mower motor, with two flying and two stationary electrodes giving a max breakrate of 333bps.  current draw without counting the motor power  is around 16 amps at 250v max breakrate. longest spark from the system so far is 6.5 feet.

current tank value is a 2x 30nf maxwell pulse caps for a total of 60nf in single sided configuration.

the status of this coil is really a halfway house  im sort of testing the water before i jump in.

the supply will four mots  instead of two and there will be a total of 105nf tank capacitor in split balanced style  still using only 8kv but at more like 750ma.

i have to say im slightly dissapointed about my output being only small i really wanted more but hey dont we all !! should be good  when shes finished  and maybe ill see some of those massive sparks im craving

earl