[TCML] Faraday effect

Does the faraday effect come into play with all conductors closed or not? Example... closed conductor: Faraday suit or bird cage of death compared to open conductor: just a metal glove (like a knife glove used in slaughter houses). Im trying to figure out the physics of the gloved hand demonstration. Are you safe standing on a insulated platform wearing a metal glove that is grounded. Will the power be spread across the outside of glove and exit through ground? This seems like a reverse of Brent Turners setup where he sits on an insulated platform and runs the wires up his arms to the gloves where the streamers exit. Reason im asking, I'd like to fully understand the physics behind something prior to doing anything stupid. I've only had experience with faraday suits and cages which are fully enclosed. Thanks Please feel free to say OMG thats dumb and will NOT work!